Netgear Arlo has launched a new app recently with amended features and enhanced performance. You can download this app easily from online sources and start controlling the Arlo devices through it. If you are using the old app, then you will no longer be able to control and access the device from it.
Why has Arlo done this?
You may or may not know the fact that Arlo has now disassociated from Netgear and all the users need to migrate to the new one due to the reason that the developer has created separate accounts on Google and Apple app store.
Minimum requirements for downloading the new app
- The min Android OS version should be 4.1 and iOS is 10.3.
What will happen if you don’t download the updated app?
All the services and controls will be discontinued after the first week of next month and your account will be disabled on the legacy app. As per the Netgear experts, it’s high time to download the new Arlo app for smooth functioning. After downloading the app, log in with the same credentials you use on your previous app.
Is there a need to delete the Arlo legacy app?
Yes, you must delete the Arlo legacy app after downloading the new Arlo app.
Things you need to reconfigure after downloading the new Arlo app?
- Geofencing: This feature needs to be enabled again on the new app so as to let it trigger automatically at home and away modes on location. The previous app will no longer trigger based on the home location and it will be changed to the normal account.
- Fingerprint and face authentication: You can use this feature to log in to the Arlo app. For more information related to this, you can refer to the guided manual of your smartphone.
- Arlo push notification settings on iOS or Android: The push notification settings may get changed on the installation of the new app. You can enable this notification again by getting into the ‘Settings’ and checking if these are properly enabled or not. If you are still not receiving the notification, then click on the link which says, ‘Can’t receiving the Arlo notifications on iOS device’.
- Call a friend: To call a friend, re-enter the information on the new app just like you added on the Arlo legacy app.
- Arlo doorbell quick reply messages: If you are getting instant reply messages but in a different language, then reset the language to default. The language can also be selected for your preference. If you don’t know how to change the language of Quick messages, then go to a similar link.
- Arlo baby Auto live streaming: The preferences for Arlo baby’s Auto live streaming settings will be reset. For this, you need to go to ‘Device settings’ from the Arlo baby camera page.
- Other features: All the recordings, camera settings, and account details will remain untouched when you transfer to the new Arlo app.
This is all about the new Arlo app and its features. We hope you have understood why there is a need to download the new app. For more information click at Netgear Arlo Setup.