To increase the range of your Arlo System, you must read the content of this page. We have discussed in detail ‘How to increase the range of your Arlo Home security system’.
Using the Arlo system with the range extender enables you to place the Arlo wireless system anywhere inside or outside the home.
Apart from connecting the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo base station to the router, you can connect the base station to the wireless range extender using the Ethernet port. What it means is that you can extend the range of your base station by placing it far away from the existing router so that it can cover the entire home through the Arlo camera.
If you are using Arlo Q, you can connect it to the range extender and extend the range of cameras.
Range extenders work as a bridge by connecting to the router wirelessly. You will find the Ethernet port at the back of your range extender where you can connect the Arlo base station and other devices to the home network.
You will need the following things to extend the range:
- Existing wireless router.
- Wireless range extender.
- Arlo base station
- Ethernet cable for Arlo base station.
Powerline adapters extend the network through existing wiring. Plug two or more adapters to the electrical outlets to create a wired network connection. With the help of an Ethernet cable, you can connect the Arlo smart hub or Arlo base station to the powerline adapter. All the things are required for making connections.
Here’s how you can extend the range of the Arlo Wi-Fi camera with a Wi-Fi range extender?
- First, make sure that the range extender or the powerline adapter must have an Ethernet port.
- Install the range extender or powerline adapter and add it to the network.
- Read all on-screen instructions for installation or follow the guided manual available with the extender.
- Connect the Arlo base station to the range extender using the Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the base station by pressing the on-off button. The power LED and the internet LED will blink for a while when you switch them on.
- Setup and sync the cameras with the Wi-Fi.
To extender the range of your Arlo Q camera through a wireless range extender:
- Install the range extender on the current network and connect it to the network.
- Follow on-screen instructions or read the guided manual.
- Turn on the Arlo Q by connecting to the nearby power source.
- Connect the Arlo Q to the Wi-Fi network by entering the username and password of your range extender. Now, place the camera in any location of your choice. For more information go to Arlo Camera Setup.