When you purchase a new Netgear Arlo, it comes with different pre-defined modes, which you can select easily. These modes are programmed based on your current location. At the same time, if you want to configure or customize the available methods at your convenience, then it is possible through simple steps. We will discuss the steps to edit or create a custom mode on the Arlo Pro camera.
By default, the available modes are Geofencing, Disarmed, Armed, and Schedule. In all these modes, no motion detection option is enabled. Yes, you can customize these modes and start recording the motion and the alerts. There’s an option to disable alerts if you don’t want to receive them anymore; for this, you will have to create a new mode in your Arlo Pro camera.
Some steps are as follows:
- Launch the Arlo app from the smart device and click on ‘Mode.’
- Select the base station first from the list of cameras, followed by ‘My devices.’
- Go to the ‘Edit’ option or ‘Create a new mode’ per your requirement. If you want to edit the existing mode, then select that mode directly.
- For creating a new mode, click on ‘New’ followed by ‘Name of the mode’ and press ‘Enter.’
- Enter the name of the camera you want to add to the list.
- From the next page, you have two options: activate the camera when the motion is detected or if audio is detected. You can either select one or both, depending upon your choice.
- Now comes the sensitivity of the camera. You can increase or decrease the sensitivity using the slider switch.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- Tap ‘Next’ again to go to the next page. You are now required to select the type of activation on your camera. Select the appropriate option if you want the siren to be activated with motion detection. Select this option if you want the camera to start recording video once the motion gets detected.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- Select the duration of the video. It can be set for the entire period or only when the motion gets detected.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- Select the method of receiving the alerts. You have two options to select from. Click on ‘Push’ notifications or ‘Email’ type.
- You will find the preview of the settings selected so far from the final page or screen.
- Tap ‘Save’ to apply changes.
- The recently created mode will display in the list. Select ‘Enable.’
- Now, you can select any mode out of your Arlo Pro camera’s newly created or edited methods.
This is all about the process of customizing and creating a new model on the Arlo Pro camera. The modes in the camera allow you to control the device’s functioning as per your requirements.
For any other information, you can visit: Arlo Q Setup | Arlo pro login